According to best SEO Expert in India, Prempal Singh – The network can find a huge number of guides, articles and blog posts on search engine optimization. Often these articles are helpful. But many (in fact, almost all of them) repeat the same advice again and again. The basic template for such articles is as follows: “X (3, 5, 7, 10) of the most important ranking factors.” This article lists almost all the most popular tips that can be found in such manuals.
Trusted SEO Tips by Best SEO Expert
1. Add contact details to the site. This will increase search engine confidence. It is better to create a separate page with contacts, where you can specify phone numbers for communication, email addresses, the physical address of the office location and so on. If there is no contact information on the commercial site or you need to search them well, this is suspicious.
2. Tell us about yourself. The “About Us” page will also allow you to gain more trust from the search engines. Tell about your company, what you do, who works in your team, who manages it, what companies and brands you work with or have worked with before.
4. Go to the secure data transfer protocol and install the security certificate. This is very important for commercial sites. Search engines refuse to rank highly insecure, poorly protected sites that collect billing information and other personal information of users.
5. Use reliable data.Wherever you place information about yourself, they must be reliable and relevant. This primarily relates to contact information and to the data that is specified when registering a domain and in the site settings. From the point of view of search engines, a site that uses inaccurate data or does not fill it in properly can hide something and is suspicious.
6. Encourage custom content.This is especially true for large and very large sites. Users can easily create useful and relevant content. These can be comments, reviews, reviews. Among other things, if the site allows users to leave comments, it automatically deserves more confidence than a closed site that does not provide such an opportunity. The main thing here is to develop a reliable anti-spam system.
7. Start a blog. Any site, regardless of what niche it works in and what its focus is, can use useful content to drive traffic and promote search engines.
8. Create more content. Just write more content and post it in a blog. It is recommended to publish at least one article per week. Keep in mind that not every article will be popular, but with regular and high-quality blog content will increase traffic, and popular articles will become more and more. But even that is not important. Updating the blog will help keep the blog site in a “live”, up-to-date state. Search engines see and respond accordingly.
9. Update old content.Old content may lie “dead weight” or benefit. Surely on each site there is a lot of content that is not popular and practically does not generate traffic. Such pages should be updated – rewrite them with the current relevant information. You can add several paragraphs to the end.
10. Check for duplicate content. Search engines do not like duplicates. Valuable computing resources are spent on processing duplicates, and the gain from this is virtually zero, since the information is not unique and does not add anything of value to users. If the site content is duplicated in one form or another, it must be corrected. Of course, you should not post other people’s content on your site, multiplying its useless copies.
11. Optimize content visually.The point is that many people scan the content and not read it, trying to find the essence and the most important thoughts on the page. To simplify this task, the content should be divided into semantic blocks, select the main thing, use lists, insert content into the beginning of the article, etc.
12. Increase the length of the content. At the moment, it’s not enough to write 2200-2500 characters to get good traffic and ranking. At a minimum, the volume of the article or blog post should be doubled.
13. Create infographics.Visual content is perceived much better than text. But more importantly, infographics is well distributed in social networks, it is easier to promote and it brings more backlinks than any other kind of content. Of course, infographics should look decent and be useful and / or interesting for visitors.
14. Create a video. Video is becoming increasingly popular, as even mobile devices have acquired a high-quality and fast Internet connection. YouTube is becoming the # 1 search engine in the world, even more popular than Google. From this it is worth making certain conclusions. For example, you should consider regularly writing reviews on the products you sell.
Loading speed and mobility
15. Go to the best rate or change hosting. If your site is growing, it may be time to change hosting. If the hosting suits everyone, you may need to change the tariff, which is already not enough. You will get more computing resources, so that the response time of the site and the speed of its loading will improve, which in turn will have a positive impact on its progress.
16. Use content delivery networks (CDN).This will ensure that your site is loaded to users as quickly as possible, no matter where they are physically located. For example, if the site is hosted on a Ukrainian server, and the visitor is in Germany, under normal circumstances, it will take a long time to transfer data. The content delivery network stores the heavy resources of your site, such as images, on many of its servers around the world. If a visitor who visits your site is in Germany, the images are “pulled up” from the server closest to him, for example, located in Cologne.
17. Adapt the site for mobile devices.Mobile traffic takes the lead, with its share growing all the time. Including commercial traffic – people get used to buying online and using mobile devices to do this. High-quality adaptation for mobile devices implies a “progressive enhancement” approach. The site is developed first for mobile and only then adapt it for PC.
18. Install caching plugin.Site loading speed is one of the key ranking factors. One of the opportunities that can be used to improve this indicator is caching. After a user visits the site, “heavy” files are saved on his computer. Upon subsequent access to the site, these files will no longer be downloaded, thereby achieving load time optimization. In addition, there are other types of caching, which can be very useful and with which you should definitely get acquainted.
19. Set up “lazy loading” of resources.Lazy loading means that resources are loaded gradually one by one, as needed. First, the first screen is loaded, that is, what the user sees when opening the site. Resources, such as images that are located below the first screen, are not loaded. This allows you to show the site much faster. As the user scrolls down the site, all necessary resources are loaded, in particular, pictures and videos.
20. Use “human-readable URLs” (NC). Links should not consist of a series of obscure characters, but of keywords that accurately describe the essence of the page. This is good for users and search engines.
21. Implement on the site “bread crumbs”. The search engine is sensitive to the structure of the site and carefully examines it. Structure is the key to understanding what a site really is. Additional breadcrumbs help the search engine to better understand the site. It is also convenient for users and is recommended in terms of usability.
22. Add a search bar to the site.Many users are accustomed to searching for content through the search bar, instead of moving through navigation chains using basic navigation. Content will become more accessible, and this will positively affect the so-called user factors.
23. Add a sitemap. Depending on the structure of the site and its features, you may need to add not one, but several maps that are dynamically generated by the script on the server. A good, well-formed site map removes 99% of potential problems with indexing and scanning the site. It is only important that the sitemap does not contain errors.
24. Submit sitemap to search engines. Popular search engines provide special tools that allow webmasters to specify the main sitemap, which speeds up the indexing process.
25. Implement microdata (shema.org).Micromarking helps search engines understand your site better. And you need to understand that if the search engine does not understand the site well, it will not show it to users, as it is not sure about it. Accordingly, micromarking is a potentially very promising way to improve site rankings. And at the same time get advanced snippets in search results, which increase the number of transitions.
26. Check out the site for penalties and pessimization. It is possible that the site for some reason, restrain some restrictions on the part of search engines. Correct all the “slippery moments” that can prevent the site from getting a good rating.
27. Analyze content on theft.Search engines try to identify the source for any content and take this into account when calculating ratings. But in some cases errors occur. Can stolen content be ranked better than original content? Sometimes it can. This basically happens when a large resource promptly steals content and indexes it faster than the source site.
28. Provide high-quality internal relink. There are many strategies, but in the first case you can use at least a plugin that generates “similar” materials. This will increase the SEO rate as the “number of pages viewed” in one visit. People will view more of your materials, stay longer on the site.
29. Analyze backlinks. An audit of the link profile followed by the removal of bad backlinks improves website performance. Finding and then deleting such links can be difficult, but it is often necessary. Especially if the site has been exposed to negative black SEO by unscrupulous competitors.
30. Create quality backlinks.Backlinks are important, but they must be of high quality. What is a quality backlink? When the subject of the donor site coincides with the theme of your site. When the donor site has a good reputation and ratings. When the content that surrounds the link is logically appropriate (that is, the link is in its place and not artificially inserted by the optimizer without context).
31. Check the site for “broken links”.In fact, this should be done regularly. Surely on your site there are links that lead to other sites, posts on Twitter, Facebook, there are embedded videos from YouTube. You need to understand that over time some of this content will be deleted. Videos, posts on social networks, pages on sites, even entire sites entirely – can live very long. As a result, your site will increase the number of such “broken links” that do not lead anywhere and remind users of an error or a failure of the site.
32. Optimize the meta description. It is from this that many optimizers start working with the site. Meta descriptions, firstly, help search engines to better determine the relevance of a site to a particular request, and secondly, they are displayed in the snippet of the search results. The question of how to properly make a meta-description is quite extensive and it is important to understand it.
33. Optimize meta titles (title). The page headings are even more important than the descriptions discussed in the previous paragraph. Headlines is the first thing that the user sees in the issue and on the basis of what he decides or does not decide to go to the site.
34. Explore targeting options.Targeting is targeting your audience. The narrower the focus, the greater the return. Regular search for keywords and new opportunities for targeting will sooner or later turn into quality and allow you to attract more targeted traffic.
35. Check the code for errors. Modern browsers such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox have a “smart” engine and are loyal to code errors. They are able to detect and correct on the fly, even blunders that were made either by the developer’s inexperience or by accidental coincidence. Whatever it was, but on a computer and in modern browsers the site with errors should be displayed correctly. But this can not be said about mobile devices and less popular browsers, in which any error can be either fatal or can lead to significant “brakes”. In addition, errors can prevent search engines from understanding the code structure.
36. Reduce the amount of CSS code.Cascading style sheets let you create truly impressive sites. But it must always be a compromise between the performance of the site and its effectiveness. In a number of mobile browsers, the new features of CSS3 can noticeably slow down the work of the site, lead to jerks and other troubles.
Images on the site
39. Optimize images. Download speed is important. And the best way to increase it is to optimize images. First, the images should not be too large. Secondly, it is better not to scale images forcibly, but to upload a picture of the desired size in advance. Thirdly, even the optimal size image can be further compressed. In particular, removing from it visual information about the color, which is still not perceived by the human eye, as well as metadata. Of course, all this is done using plug-ins and other automated tools.
40. Add images an alternative description.An alternative description will increase the traffic from the search for images. Some sites get decent traffic in this way, and you should not underestimate this opportunity.
41. Minimize the amount of advertising. Too high ad density per square pixel causes significant damage to the site. Neither users nor search engines like the dominance of advertising. In addition, it should be remembered that advertisements are subject to inflation. That is, the more ads on a page, the lower the return on each ad and vice versa.
42. Develop a unique icon (favicon). It would seem that this is a minor element. But in some search engines, it is reflected in snippets in search results. If the icon is of high quality and stands out, it will attract more attention, and therefore the number of clicks to the site will increase. In addition, it can become recognizable over time.
43. Reduce the bounce rate.Fortunately, there are opportunities that allow you to manage bounce rates. This includes several disciplines at once, including SEO in its pure form, usability with A / B tests, selling design, and developing content that is attractive to visitors, etc. If the site has a low failure rate, this is a clear signal that the site deserves attention. . Conversely, if users exit almost immediately after the site has loaded, there is clearly something wrong with the site.
External optimization and promotion
44. Write guest posts. Guest posts mean quality content that you can create for other sites and blogs. If the content is truly worthwhile and unique, it will gladly be placed on high-quality resources. Together with links that will link to your site.
45. Write an e-book or a large manual.There are many ways to get backlinks. One of them is the creation of a quality, truly fundamental manual or book. The subject should coincide with the one in which you specialize and in which you position yourself as a specialist. Among other things, the e-book can be used to collect email addresses. To receive materials, the user must enter your e-mail, which is a link to download.
46. Create a Facebook profile.Not all types of goods and services sell well in social networks. But an active Facebook profile is necessary anyway – this is a factor of trust. If the company is closed to users, does not support profiles in popular networks, it is suspicious. It is possible that such a company tries to avoid communication with customers and customers in order to limit the impact of negative feedback. If the company has an active profile in Facebook, where any user can leave a comment under any post, this will significantly increase confidence. But trust is one of the key factors that affects conversions.
47. Create a Twitter profile.Advanced can be considered the option of maintaining operational twitter-account. This social network can be used mainly to quickly respond to any situations that arise.
48. Collaborate with opinion leaders from your field. You can start with popular bloggers and experts. If you have a blog (and it should be), take a few interviews with famous and reputable personalities in your niche. This will help increase your credibility and get high-quality backlinks, perhaps – reposts and mentions.
49. Hold contests and raffle prizes. One of the conditions will be the repost of any material in social networks. This method allows you to quickly get good user activity in social media, subscribers and followers, as well as back links.
50. Stay updated on trends and changes. Search algorithms are constantly changing and adjusting. To get really a lot of traffic, you need to stay ahead of the trend. In any case, do not move against the current.